[CQ-Contest] K4OJ ...-.-

Gus Samuelson gussam at roadrunner.nf.net
Fri Feb 13 15:02:20 EST 2004

How is it possible to feel  you know  some one  you have never met in person ?

How is it consequently possible to feel such a deep sense of lose by his sudden passing ?

I think Jim exemplified the more specific  aspects of our hobby that we all share and love
Although he and I  had exchanged  many e-mails over the years about  a myriad of topics, I had never had the
opportunity to meet and greet him in person. The one year I did  a Dayton trip two years ago and managed to
meet  a lot of his fellow  Floridian Contesters...   Jim was not there .... we  did commisserate with each other by e-mail
of that happening and  both thought  we  would   eventually have a face to a face. Alas  never to be ..
Jim may be gone  but  I am certain his indominable  sprit and passion  about  our  hobby  will live forever in all our  hearts.

73 and God Speed  old friend  and
Sincerest condolences to all his family.

GUS
VO1MP