[CQ-Contest] Be Careful of Getting What You Ask For

Mark Beckwith mark at concertart.com
Fri Feb 13 17:03:22 EST 2004

K8MR most brilliantly suggested:

>why not schedule a "bonus" sprint in those months
>when Saturday is the last day of the month?

Brilliant, Jim, simply brilliant.  Those Saturdays would have a high
likelihood of being contest-conflict-free.  A quick look at my computer
calendar shows these occurrences of this condition:

2004 - 2
2005 - 2
2006 - 1
2007 - 2
2008 - 1
2009 - 3

Notably in 2009 it occurs in January and then as you would expect in
February, too.

I also think weeknights should not be removed from the conversation,
especially if the discussion moves toward 2 or 3 hour long events.

Mark, N5OT