[CQ-Contest] J7OJ - GO FCG

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 10:00:56 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/20/2004 7:40:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
w1yl at tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Megatnx to Geo. and crew:
>

>                         J7A now operating as J7OJ
>

> FB!
>

> W1YL

Ellen,

The real thanks for the J7OJ callsign as a memorial to Jim, K4OJ, goes to
Lambert, J73LC and the Dominican Licensing Authorities (Mr. Cadette, James, etc.)
for realizing the incredible importance of this and issuing the license J7OJ
shortly before the contest.

The callsign was issued as a "one time" event, exclusively for the ARRL DX
contest and will not be reissued.  J7OJ was issued on Thursday before the
contest, but we kept it under wraps until it was first used at 0000z on Saturday,
Feb 21st at the beginning of the contest.

You were the first to know about it when my xyl, Kay, phoned you at 2300z on
Friday, Feb 20th to tell you about it.  We wanted you to be the first to know.
 We are very please that W1YL is in the J7OJ log as contact #120.  John,
K3TEJ, was the J7OJ op for that QSO.

88, George - K5KG / J75KG

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC