[CQ-Contest] Contest Cheating

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Wed Feb 25 08:07:44 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:03:36 EST, KI9A at aol.com wrote:

>This crap about packet is getting old, there is no way to regulate it, & we
>may as well make it legal for all classes to use, it isn't going away guys!

Isn't going to go away?  How about eliminating all forms of packet from
contesting entirely?

I've never understood what packet adds to the contest experience.  I
used packet once or twice back in the nineties and have never used it
since.  Wouldn't it be better (more fun) to focus on turning the big
knob in the middle of the radio?  Heck, if you just want a bigger score,
let's give two points per Q instead of one!  :-)

Yours puzzled,

--
73, Bill W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW