[CQ-Contest] CQ pattern in contest - what's your vote?

mike l dormann w7dra at juno.com
Thu Feb 26 08:33:42 EST 2004

there is a lot of people who come back to me, and are busy making other
contacts at 10wpm (hand key speed) - no fluff (tnx 73 etc repeats, etc),
its the old one bullet one bear concept. during the last ARRL DX on 160
there were 5 stations i missed even getting their call letters correct
because of speed/conditions problems, and there were damn few WA stations
on the band to get.

as for CQing, if you have to throw one or more switches or use a foot
switch you want to minimize the number of CQ times to save your strength,
so anything to stretch out a CQ is beneficial

CQ TEST DE W7DRA W7DRA TEST

everything there, the De, the two times of the call, all say "W7DRA TEST"

if you are in a class (QCWW WPX SOSB160 VE7) that has a finite number of
stations that you can hear, let alone that are on the band at all, other
factors other than speed and cryptic CQing seem to me to be more
important>

mike w7dra