[CQ-Contest] Re: FT1000 or FT1000MP? (LONG)

Barry N1EU n1eu at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 07:56:33 EST 2004

Clive, GM3POI commented "The 1000D has a slight click problem but nowhere
near as bad as the
later models"

I've owned MP's and D's and can attest to the fact that the click problem in
the 1000D is quite signficant.  In addition, W8JI's keyclick mod is SO easy
to install, there is no excuse for operating an FT-1000(D) on cw without
installing the mod.  I took photos of the mod installation along with crude,
but illustrative, before and after recordings on a 1998 vintage FT-1000D

http://www.qsl.net/n1eu/Mods/1000Dclick.htm

73 & Happy New Year,
Barry N1EU