[CQ-Contest] RCA(PHONO) JACK TO PL-259 ADAPTOR?

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 2 15:52:16 EST 2004

Hank Lonberg wrote:
> I picked up a very nice Alpha 76A amp and need to find an adaptor to convert
> the phono (rca) exciter input jack to PL-259. Is there such a beast or does
> someone make a cable that is phono on one end and 259 on the other say in
> rg-8x or 213?

Sure, Radio Shack made and sold such a connector. It's a phone on one
end and a PL259 on the other if memory serves. I can take a look in
the junk box for it if you can't find anything else/

In actuality considering the power of the exciter, the relatively
short length of the
coax to the amp I would just use some high quality RG58A to make the
cable/

73
Ed