[CQ-Contest] connector of the day?

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Sat Jan 3 10:10:36 EST 2004

At 12:59 PM 1/3/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Anyone seen right angle adapters for 8 pin mic plugs??  Or just plain
>right angle 8 ping mic plugs themselves.

Philmore has an 8P right-angle mic plug, difficult to find.  HRO carries
some Philmore stuff, and may carry the right-angle one now because I
suggested strongly to their buyer to stock it for Mark V owners.  I got
mine from the SoCal Philmore rep.  The horrible ergonomics of the tiny RF
drive control right next to the mic jack makes a right-angle mic plug
mandatory.

I use a flat, right-angle headphone plug in the B-jack, and these two plugs
route the cable mess neatly around the corner of the rig.  There is no room
for another flat (r-angle) CW key plug there, due to presence of the flat
headphone plug, so I use the CW key jack on the rear apron.  For guys using
the DX Doubler cables, just splice on about 28 inches of extra key-line to
reach back around the side of the rig and use a straight plug into the rear
jack.

--k6na