[CQ-Contest] connector of the day?

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Sun Jan 4 19:44:11 EST 2004

No one has seen 8 pin right angle mic adapters.

Right angle 8pin right angle mic connectors:

Philmore part T700RA

http://www.minute-man.com/acatalog/Online_Catalog_Premium_Mobile_Connect
ors_Manufactured_in_Japan_192.html

maybe: Cables & Connectors in Newington, CT
maybe: HRO

a different mfg, part number c8r, much cheaper but not as shiny:
http://www.buxcomm.com/page1/bccpage1.htm

One comment on right angle 1/4" stereo adapters.  Radio Shack 274-902 is
a right angle adapter, I'm going to try two of these in series to fold
the headphone and key plugs back alongside the radio to get them out of
the way.  This should be nicer than those fat headed 1/4" right angle
plugs you can make up yourself.

Now, I hate soldering mic connectors.  Anyone want a job?  Plan would be
to take one of the right angle plugs and wire all 8 pins (so I don't
care what radio model I use it with) to an 8 pin in-line jack with a
short pigtail.  It would be even nicer if the in-line jack could be
brazed onto the plug so it stuck back the side of a 1000mp without
sticking way out to the side, but I'll settle for getting it off to the
side for now and getting the strain off the mic cable.  I would want 10
of these for now, it sounds like there may be some others who might be
interested also.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net