[CQ-Contest] The ideal contest rules

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Sat Jan 10 10:58:36 EST 2004

> Choice of contest weekend discriminates unfairly on the basis
> of religious or national holidays, sports events, other family
> events, etc. We can resolve this by having a contest every
> weekend. In order to avoid unfairness, all contests should
> run for the same time period (48 hours) and be open to all
> modes on all bands.

The choice of a weekend discriminates unfairly against who must
who work weekends (public service/public safety employees, some
in transportation industries, many in retail, many in the
entertainment industry, etc.) ... it also discriminates against
those cultures for which the "weekend" is Friday/Saturday).

Thus, in the sake of fairness, each contest should last a full
week (168 hours) <G>.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK