[CQ-Contest] Re: [3830] NAQP CW K5GO Single Op LP

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jan 11 13:25:02 EST 2004

RE: The NAQP, K5GO and W2JU made a point that really works for me, too....

I think I still am missing the CD Parties... really good CW done short
sweet and efficient

What is really cool is I am still working guys like N6RO - and many
others of "that era"!

I do NOT miss my multi-color coded op aid 6 dupe sheets

I do love computer logging, it is so sweet to have the computer say CT
Mult needed on 80, 40 - as well as mult screens in general!

I love my automated antenna selection devices

I miss my 15 on the hour and 10 on the half hour (was that what it was???)

I really love the potential 160 meters has created, I have seen some
awesome 160 totals submitted thus far.

I miss the Northeast for the 80/160 population concentration but
wouldn't trade it for the N/S prop from FL

I do not know how many years it has been since the NAQP has been around
but I think it has stood up very well.  A lot of guys still think of it
as a second string competition but the CW winner will average over a
hundred an hour... I say that is a seal of approval from the contest
community.

Thanks for all the QSOs NAQP forefathers! I guess that I should forget
about the CD Parties, huh........

Back to the log analysis...

K4OJ
dba K4FCG