[CQ-Contest] 10M NAQP Weirdness

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 10:37:01 EST 2004

AD6E and I both experienced a very weird phenomena during the first hour of
CW NAQP on 10M. For a number of QSO's, the contest exchange just sent came back
as a very loud received signal, most of the time covering up the station
being worked. Not only was there CW, but very loud background noise, sounding like
PLL phase noise.

I thought it was someone at the end of my driveway with an old Kenwood radio
sending the exchange I just sent. In retrospect the CW and the noise may have
been from someone making a tape recording (or .wav recording) and playing it
back.

Anyone else have this problem?

Tom, K5RC (W7RN)