[CQ-Contest] 10M Weirdness, fear and loathing from W7RN

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jan 12 18:03:56 EST 2004

K5RC aka W7RN wrote:

AD6E and I both experienced a very weird phenomena during the first hour of
CW NAQP on 10M. For a number of QSO's, the contest exchange just sent
came back
as a very loud received signal, most of the time covering up the station
being worked. Not only was there CW, but very loud background noise,
sounding like
PLL phase noise.

I thought it was someone at the end of my driveway with an old Kenwood
radio
sending the exchange I just sent. In retrospect the CW and the noise may
have
been from someone making a tape recording (or .wav recording) and
playing it
back.

Anyone else have this problem?

I had prayed this would not happen... but it appears that we have made
"First Contact" with other beings and they have chosen to communicate
with the West Coast of the USA - we are doomed...

ET just phoned home and told them about what he saw... at least it was
not San Francisco!

Totally TIC

K4OJ

...on the Left Coast of the Right Coast