[CQ-Contest] Feb 04 QST op-ed article

Stephen M. Murphy murphys at comcast.net
Sat Jan 17 09:32:03 EST 2004

How about we change nothing.  So what if a few weekends out of the year find
the bands congested because of major contests?  Toooooo Bad!

Should he have the right to the expectation of a clear frequency at my
expense? Who is he to imply that his communications needs are more important
than anyone elses?  Is my using the frequency as part of a contest any less
important than someone talking about the weather?

There are WARC bands where there is no contest activity.  If that doesn't
work, read a book.