[CQ-Contest] Roads and contests

k1dg at ix.netcom.com k1dg at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 19 10:18:31 EST 2004

AA0CY said:

<snip>
or be banned from certain lanes on
others.
<snip>

>I guess you don't have HOV Lanes by you?!

Perfect! A dedicated sub-band of clear(er) frequencies where only multi-multis can call CQ!

14151-14160, 21201-21210...

73,

Doug K1DG

p.s. A couple of times when I was doing ham radio demonstrations for Scout groups, I found myself in the non-contester's position...the German contest or Cal QSO Party came on and made 10 & 15M hard to use for Scout ragchews. So I tried the "Let them use the WARC bands" idea that we always suggest, and it worked great. There's probably an analogy to be drawn regarding the use of scenic-route back roads vs highways...