[CQ-Contest] Re: DX Participation in NAQP Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 22 09:01:13 EST 2004

It seems to me that the answer to my college roommate's (K4QPL's)
concerns is that DX stations are already included.  I was just trying to
encourage their participation, thinking from the point of view of the
"left out" DX participant in the Eu and A-P Sprints.  DX stations in
NAQPs count for points, but not for mutlipliers.  A US station who
operated in NAQPs and tried to work a lot of DX would be a fool if he
cared about the score because they count as 0 multipliers.  An east
coast DXer could work DX all day long in a NAQP (if that were possible
with 100 watts and a down cycle) and his score would be zero since he
would have zero multipliers.

73,

John, K4BAI.