[SECC] Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Participation in NAQP Contests

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 13:02:00 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/22/04 7:23:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ku8e at bellsouth.net writes:

>    NAQP favors the West Coast big time !!!!  No way I am going make 400-500
> QSO's and 45 mults on both 160 and 80 to counter what you guys do on 15 and
> 10 meters..

Yeah, and every DX contest favors the East Coast big time!!!   So let the
left coasters have some fun once in a while.   And when someone figures out a
contest that favors the Midwest, let us know   :-)

We are also are starting to see 40 go long early now which gives the West
Coast
> even more of an advantage.

Unless the East Coast gets smart and shows up on 40 before dark!

>   I don't see how the East Coast would gain any advantage because none of
> the
> EU QSO's they make would not be multipliers....

   It's not clear that the East Coast would gain a big advantage, since the
high bands typically close down to Europe before, or not long after, the NAQP
begins at 1800z.

73  -  Jim  K8MR