[CQ-Contest] Contest mentoring

Jim Idelson k1ir at designet.com
Fri Jan 23 05:00:14 EST 2004

Fellow Contesters,

Several years ago, I put together a Contest Mentoring Program for YCCC. It was a small, but effective, pilot program that served a group of about 25 mentors and students.

At the Jan 2004 ARRL BoD meeting, a proposal to create a formal Amateur Radio mentoring program was approved. See
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/01/22/2/?nc=1At
This looks like a great opportunity for us to increase our ranks. I propose that our major contest clubs should combine forces to create and support a Contesting interest group within the Special Interest Mentor level of the ARRL program.

Within the framework of the ARRL program, I think this would not be very difficult to build and sustain.

What do you think?

73,

Jim K1IR