[CQ-Contest] Cabrillo Log Checkering

Brian Campbell VY2MGY at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 31 12:26:11 EST 2004

Thanks to AK0A I was able to get ahold of K6STI and have found out that
I cannot use RITTY on my system because of the specific souncard
requirements.

I plan on using MMTTY for the upcoming CQWW WPX RTTY contest
as well as any other RTTY contests I can in the immediate future. MMTTY will
produce a
Cabrillo file but doesn't seem to generate a score or summary. Using CT
will, but it
will not score exactly the same, and must be run separately in the
background.

So here is my question to any or all of the cabrillo log checkers for any
Contests:

Does it matter if the Cabrillo file is scored or not? I don't think it does
as I believe
all logs are scored again anyway, but I am not a log checker. My
understanding is
that as long as your log is in the Cabrillo format it will be accepted. [
?? ]

I know there is proper software out there for RTTY Contest logging [
Writelog etc.. ]
but keep in mind I have been on RTTY for only a couple of weeks and before I
spend
alot of money on software etc.. I would like to be reasonably sure I will
enjoy this mode of contesting
 vs CW/SSB.

Thanks in advance and hope to work you next weekend

73 Brian
VE3MGY