[CQ-Contest] UA9T

Art RX9TX rx9tx at esoo.ru
Sat Jul 24 14:47:42 EDT 2004

 Hello ,

 Stu,

>      Yes, that is the crux of the situation.  The UA9 S, T,
>  and W guys apparently WANT to be in zone 17, as they feel
>  they are in Asia and most UA9s are in Asia.  They send "599
>  -17" in the CQ WW contest, and apparently put zone 17 on
>  their QSLs.  It's also occurred to me that them claiming to
>  be in zone 17 makes all their European QSOs in the CQWW
>  contest three points and not one point.

Doesn't  it  depend  on  what continent I am in? I am in Asia and if a
European is calling me it worth me 3 points anyway.

This  is  not  about  points,  this is about a situation when I call a
station,  and  how  do  you  think,  what  a guy on the receiving side
expects  to  hear  from me? Definitely he expects 59917 or 59918, just
because he hears a call from Asiatic Russia.

--
 73...Art RX9TX          24-Jul-04 18:39 UTC

 "The first step towards knowledge is to know that we are ignorant."    [Richard Cecil]