[CQ-Contest] Where are the JAs in Contesting?

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 4 07:00:54 EDT 2004

I heard it mentioned a number of times this contest season and I have observed it myself over the past few years (including a SOSB 20 effort from 9M6A in CQ WW SSB).  The JA activity has really dropped in contesting.  Does anyone (especially from Japan) have any insight?  This is not good for contesting.  The JAs are great competitiors and the possibility of a good JA run is what contesting is all about in my opinion.

Ed  N1UR

I will be 9M6A in IARU this year.