[CQ-Contest] AutoTune Amps

David Hachadorian K6LL at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 4 15:17:06 EDT 2004

In my so2r setup, I have three manual-tune amplifiers.

The left radio is connected to amp 1, which is set to 15 meters during
the day, and 40 meters at night.

The right radio is connected to the rf input of amp 2. Amp 3 is
daisy-chained with amp 2, so the rf output of amp 2 is connected to rf
input of amp 3. The relay lines of these two amps are switched, such
that it is impossible to pull in both relays at once. During the day,
amp 2 is on 10 meters and amp 3 is on 20 meters.

At nightfall, amp 1 is retuned to 40, and amp 2 is retuned to 80. So
it's two tuneups at sundown, and two tuneups at sunup; pretty simple.
I also need to retune for high-power S&P on non-adjacent bands, such
as running on 10 while S&P on 20, but that doesn't occur too often,
especially nowadays, in the rf doldrums.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ