[CQ-Contest] Contest radio selection

Mike Brown k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 22 13:22:36 EDT 2004

This weekend, I probably did a dumb thing by selling my Omni 6.
Second thoughts have me wondering what I should replace it with.
I did have an 850 before, and I did miss not having the Monitor
feature for ssb. I've been looking at the 870, but I really
don't know if there are many using it as a contest radio or not.
My budget is probably around 1500-2000. So, I'd like your
opinions on what would be a good choice in that price range. To
keep this off the reflector, and maybe start a "my dog is better
then your dog" war, please send replies direct if you would, to:

k9mi at sbcglobal.net

Thanks...73, Mike K9MI