[CQ-Contest] Where are the W/VE's

James Neiger n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 27 23:04:33 EDT 2004

Ron:

I fear that the very sad reality is, with the "graying" of the main-corps of
contesters in the USA, we will all see a steady decay in activity,
ultimately to the point that there's very little left.

Generally speaking, only within the confines of the European continent there
still exists any growth in the younger ranks of contesting, and still a
solid core of mainstream contesters.  Most everyone is learning today that
to prevail in world-wide contests you MUST have advantageous propagation
into Europe.  And, needless to say, if the contest doesn't involve Europe,
like All Asia or FD or ARRL DX, the dearth of activity will surely show.

I wish it wasn't so, but...........

Jim Neiger   N6TJ