[CQ-Contest] Contest Results Reviewers Needed

Ward Silver hwardsil at centurytel.net
Mon Jun 28 13:40:16 EDT 2004

Hi contesters,

I am just about to embark on the annual summer exercise known as "The
Writing of the ARRL DX Phone Results" and I need a few volunteers (No -
don't delete the message!  Step away from the Delete key, sir.  Thanks!) to
take a look at their local results and write up a short paragraph or two on
the contest from the local perspective.  Take a look at the Web article from
2003 for an idea of what I'm looking from from the local authors
(http://www.arrl.org/members-only/contests/results/2003/DX-Phone/writeups.ht
ml). KB6WKT's review of the Pacific Division results follows this message -
short, succinct and full of local flavor.  I will be glad to help with any
editing you might require. The regional analyses really add to the writeup
and help recognize excellent efforts.

Here's where I need help:

ARRL Divisions
Atlantic
Dakota
Delta
New England
Roanoke
Southeast

Outside the US, I need a hand from
Canada
Europe
Caribbean (see note below)
Asia/Oceania/Africa - can be a combined "Rest of Earth" writeup

The Caribbean is a hotbed of competitive activity and the results would
really benefit from some close scrutiny by a seasoned Caribbeaner (isn't
that one of those climbing doo-dads?) that knows the region.

Here's how it works:  I will have the final log-checked data in hand by the
end of this week.  I provide each regional author with a spreadsheet of data
containing only the region's results.  The authors then look it over and
write up a few paragraphs that recognize noteworthy items.  That's pretty
much all there is to it.  The deadline is the end of July.  This will be
published on the Web, so it can be as long as you want to make it and
include graphs and charts and tables if you want to contribute them.

If you have a little spare time - it would only take an afternoon or two -
please let me know.  All of the contest participants will appreciate it!

73, Ward N0AX
Lead Author - ARRL DX Phone Results Writeup

Here's the 2003 Pacific Division writeup by Bill Heather KB6WKT

Like the Southwest division, the Pacific division has much the same
disadvantage of location to Europe. However, there are still a few notables,
which produce top ten finishes in a few categories.

WX5S (@N6RO) powered his way through to a 5th place finish in SOHP single
band entry on 15-meter in W/VE. Rounding out the top 10 on 15-meter phone,
K6HNZ took the honors. K6OY for his efforts obtained a 3rd place finish in
SOHP single band entry on 80-meter in W/VE. N6RO hammered out a top 5 finish
in SOHP single band entry on 80-meter in W/VE. W6NV took 1st for
Multi-operator two-transmitters, which also earn them 1st for the West Coast
region and 7th overall in W/VE also in the same category K6IDX captured 10th
overall in W/VE.

Even though there were no other top 10 finishes for the Pacific division
there are still some considerable efforts made worth noting. N6IG took top
honors for SOHP. James' efforts also earned him 1st place for the West Coast
region. N6NF took 1st for SOHP by a wide margin. Tom's effort also awarded
him with 1st place for the West Coast region. KA6SGT earned top honors for
SOQRP. K6RIM nudged out W6TE for 1st in SO assisted. Although W6TE had 23
more Q's then K6RIM, Al worked 27 more multipliers, which put him on top.
W6MLP nudged out W6TDM in the Multioperator Single Transmitter category.
Like in the SOA category the difference was just six multipliers.

For the Club competition NCCC hands-down took the club competition. Their
combined efforts earned them a 6th place finish for the Unlimited Category.
Just 29,181 points separated 5th and 6th places.