[CQ-Contest] Electrical Fence Advice

Mike Fatchett mike at mallardcove.com
Thu Mar 4 19:56:45 EST 2004

I had a heck of a time tracking down a noise problem years ago.  What I had
found was the electric wire had been pushed against the metal siding of the
barn causing arcing in numerous places.  Fortunately the owners were family
friends and I was able to "maintain" the fence when necessary which always
seemed to be in the middle of the EU Run!!

There were many electric fences in the area and I only had trouble with one
and numerous issues with the power line insulators.

Mike
W0MU