[CQ-Contest] saving us from ourselves

jfunk at adams.net jfunk at adams.net
Mon Mar 8 21:52:16 EST 2004

Greetings, fellow combatants....

If one had not had anything else to do this weekend (it WAS only a phone
contest), it would have been instructional to have spent a bit of time
listening in the 40 meter band and logging callsigns of stations calling on
the wrong VFO.  Obviously, a lot of us are either sleep-deprived or not
familiar with the equipment we are using, or both.  Yes, I've done it.
(Don't *think* I did this weekend, but...)

Question 1:  What tips are out there for avoiding this?  I think we could
use some.
Question 2:  Is it true that a couple of OO notices during a contest
constitutes grounds for DQ?

Just curious.
73, Jim N9JF

Sent using Adams WebMail  ---  http://webmail.adams.net
Adams NetWorks -- Keeping you well-connected worldwide!