[CQ-Contest] CW PTT for CT

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Wed Mar 10 12:15:28 EST 2004

AD1C asked the CT community if users have been using recently added paddle
functionality, described as:

>* Thanks to N6TV, added paddle support for CW. The startup menu
>   offers NONE, SuperCMOS, CurtisA, CurtisB and BUG.
>
>   Use the following text commands to select a keyer type
>   while in the program.
>
>         NOKEYER, SUPERCMOS, CURTISA, CURTISB, BUG
>
>* There is a new text command to specify the time PTT is asserted before
>   keying starts. This is PTTDELAY. Enter the number of milliseconds delay
> your
>   amplifier needs. Minimum delay is 0 ms, maximum is 255 ms.

Hmmmm... not much point in adding such functionality like PTTDELAY if folks
have been living without.  Perhaps this & CW PTT support in radios aren't such
a bad idea after all seeing how even CT now supports this?

Somebody please - tell me to bugger off!  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham