[CQ-Contest] physical antenna diversity reception

W0UN -- John Brosnahan shr at swtexas.net
Tue Mar 16 08:36:36 EST 2004

>P.S. I have been some discussions that the
>      antennas need to be wavelengths apart,
>      but I think that is when you are trying
>      to copy a single station and want the
>      second antenna to deal with QSB and path
>      differences, and wide separation is
>      probably an advantage there.
>      Perhaps what I'm doing would be better
>      described as "directional" diversity.

Although you have some "directional" diversity for a signal
whose azimuthal angle is varying, your situation is normally
referred to as polarization diversity.  What is most
common, especially under band-opening and band-closing
conditions, is for the polarization to rotate and having
separate vertical and horizontal arrays can reduce the
associated QSB.

--John   W0UN