[CQ-Contest] W7RM ANTENNA FARM FOR SALE with 3bdrm SHACK $280,000 +

Dan Eskenazi desk at nwlink.com
Tue Mar 16 07:14:24 EST 2004

Rush W7RM, has moved to assisted living and his place is now for sale.

Its located in Lacenter WA, a bit north of the OR/WA border in Portland.

There were plans to disassemble the entire antenna farm and sell it all,
but spoke w/ his son Bruce, and mentioned that perhaps there
is a deserving DXer who may want to retire to the country and a ready made
superstation.

Understand its 5 acres a nice home, barn, and 5 big towers loaded with
big beams.

Its probably a bit of a  dream to think that one of us may know someone who
would
fit the bill and take the place, but its sure worth a try while its all
together...

House price on 5 acres is $280.  County assesment is $275.  Subdividable.
Antennas and towers price TBD with Rushs son Bruce.

W7RM is RADIO HISTORY and deserves a chance at staying together in one piece
before being scattered to the winds..  This is all really none of my
business but I feel
obliged to at least try and find someone to continue the spirit of a big NW
superstation
with so much history.

PUT ON YOUR THINKING CAPS!!  THERE IS PROBABLY SOMEONE REALLY EAGER
TO GET OUT OF THE CITY AND START REAL DXING AGAIN!!!   HERES A GREAT CHANCE!!!

HELLO RADIO.....are you out there??

The Realtors info is Jackie Siewert-Coldwell Banker (360) 607-7152, (360)
574-4600. House is 3Br, 2.5 baths, 2500 Sq.ft.Heat pump, 8stall barn,
5A-2seperate tax lots.

The antenna and tower takedown plans are being developed by Paul Nyland
K7PN. News of this plan should be available in a few days, and will no
doubt proceed if no one steps up to buy the place intact.

The 80m 4sq. is on the ground, safely and undamaged.

Towers are AB 105-Trylon (Rohn 55 eq.) approx 800 feet.

Antennas
I hope these dimensions are correct-I did not climb up to measure em--ha ha!!
2 - full sized 3 el 40m
3 - 20m 5 el 60' boom
3 - 15m 6 el 60' boom
4 - 10m  6 el 40' boom
1 - 10m  6 el 40' boom (on the ground)
1 - 4band 4el Quad (biggg)

I think booms are all 4" and masts are 3" and if my memory is correct there
are  some 10 prop pitch rotor motors on the towers.

73
Danny K7SS
op W7RM MM 1970s