[CQ-Contest] Re: 24 or 48 hours

gissel at fh-ludwigshafen.de gissel at fh-ludwigshafen.de
Tue Mar 16 16:24:06 EST 2004

Tom W7WHY wrote:

> How about the 96 hour ARRL contest?  They changed that and I'll bet
> people cried, "Oh no, only 48 hours?"  "What a bunch of wimps.  Can't
> operate a 96 hour contest."

Hey - I agree ;-))

On a serious note: I think that the perseverance that's necessary if you
want to go 48 hrs straight is part of regarding contesting as a sport. At
least to me it is. It's about finding out about your limits and trying to
push them further a bit, isn't it?
And I tell you what: the challenge to continue competing when your body
cries for sleep is FUN to me. Maybe that's why my family thinks I am -hm-
different, hi.

Vy 73 de Andy, DL3YBM (age 38)