[CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments

Tom Frenaye frenaye at direcway.com
Tue Mar 16 12:13:31 EST 2004

At 03:56 PM 3/15/2004, K8MR wrote:

>With logs and results reduced to electronic files, it is not necessary for
>the sponsors to manage other awards.  They would just have to cooperate with
>those who want to sponsor other "subset" awards.  These subset awards might be
>sponsored and mangaged by various contest clubs, national societies, AARP, etc.

The results from the November Sweepstakes will show the number of hours each participant spent making QSOs (as did last years).   It isn't an exact number, just the number of hours - calculated based on log data, so doesn't include listening time.  Even so, it might be very useful for the kinds of comparisons being talked about.   For instance, it appears I was beaten badly by NN1N in the "2 hour category" in CW SS.

I don't know if having the hours listed for the ARRL DX Contest or any others are in the works, but that might help with comparisons - and that's really what the discussion is about I think

             -- Tom