[CQ-Contest] Shorter contests - I have a question.

llindblom at juno.com llindblom at juno.com
Wed Mar 17 18:55:36 EST 2004

George, I for one typically operate anything 24 hours or less duration if it is on a mode I am competent at.  The only one I avoid is CW Sprint as the speeds are well beyond my old brains capacity for processing. I also operate many of the longer events but limit my time to what I feel like doing.

73 W0ETC

George Fremin III wrote:
------------------------------

This brings up in my mind something I have been wondering about
throughout this entire discussion.

Of those that would like to have a contest that is shorter
than 48 hours - are you all currently competing in the
shorter contests that currently exist?

NA Sprint - 4 hours
NAQP         - 10 hours out of 12
IARU	     - 24 hours
WPX          - 36 hours out of 48 (used to be 30 hours)
ARRL SS      - 24 hours out of 30

Anyway - I just keep wondering if those that are pushing the idea
of a shorter contest are also currently operating fully in
the shorter contests that do exist.

I am not sure I care one way or the other about the idea of
making the ARRL DX contest shorter - if it were fewer hours out
of 48 like the WPX it would make the contest better for those
of us further from Europe - as we have less hours to run EU.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr