[CQ-Contest] Re: Klixon thermostsat

Dick Frey k4xu at bendcable.com
Sat Mar 20 11:23:09 EST 2004

Dave,
I got this thermostat as a sample 20 years ago when I worked for Ten-Tec.
A Google search came up with this reference:
http://www.ti.com/mc/docs/precprod/docs/6786.htm
The 6786-2 is about as big as a nickel. I mounted it on the base of the
Astron's heat sink rather than a fin. It is a 170F normally open type and
goes in the power lead to the 12 V fan I mounted on the rear of the sink.
It's a very simple and reliable method of keeping your gear cool, especially
when you want to mount it out of the way where you can't monitor it easily.
rgds,
Dick k4xu