[CQ-Contest] The good old U.S. holiday weekend contest debate

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:39:56 EST 2004

Hi Scott and everyone,
I believe the rationale behind not changing the weekends, is that those
particular holidays are only holidays in the US. These are world-wide
contests with participants from all over. Why should the contests be changed
just because it's a holiday in the US? If we start that, it's possible the
new dates would fall on holidays in some other major contest country and the
argument for change would go on and on. This could suppress activity on the
new dates as well, with maybe more US operators but fewer DX operators. I
say leave well enough alone, those who wish to participate will find a way,
and those who cannot will operate in other contests.
73 Darrell AB2E