[CQ-Contest] Dayton Report -- Scrolling LED signs

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed May 19 09:21:12 EDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, WW3S wrote:

> The one at Dayton were from www.dabadge.com and were selling for the same
> price on their web site...29.95 or 39.95 if you want the programming
> interface....the two kids ( ok, maybe not kids but couldn't have been more
> than early twenties) made a small fortune....

I'm curious about these.  Did anyone on this reflector buy one?

I looked at the website for "dabadge" and a few others and, of course,
they give no technical info on the badges.  I wonder what kind of device
they use in them.  I've become a very good PIC programmer and I'm now
getting my feet wet with Atmel AVR programming.  Atmel makes a similar
type device they call the "AVR Butterfly" which has an LCD display rather
than an LED display.  It's about $20 from Digi-Key.

73, Zack W9SZ