[CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) frugoli at worldlinkisp.com
Thu May 20 11:29:37 EDT 2004

Jamie Dupree wrote:

> Now we just need more people to register, upload their
> logs and push on.  Contesters and DX-peditions are the
> key to LOTW's success.

I disagree.  The *casual* guy is the key to LOTW's success.  Contesters and dx-pedetions are only 20% of the picture and certianly don't activate every entity that I want a qsl for.

It sure is a nice way to deal with a large volume of qsls, such as contesters or dx-pedetions generate, but those qso records are no good unless all the casual guys you worked also upload their logs.

73 de Al, KE1FO