[CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Fri May 21 10:33:57 EDT 2004

> So for the time being I will continue sending updates of my log
> to my QSL manager who does not require my sending him photocopy
> of passport and license by snail mail.

Does anyone know what standard/documentation ARRL/LotW requires of
a QSL manager in order to obtain a certificate for a station he/she
might manage?

For those DX stations with a traditional QSL manager, I don't see
why the manager couldn't upload logs in any case ... for others,
perhaps one way to deal with the requirement for documentation for
foreign amateurs is for US (and other) registered individuals to
serve as "on-line QLS managers."

The US station could use his/her certificate to sign the certificate
request for the DX station.  The DX station could send logs to the
"electronic QSL manager" (signed with PGP or some other unique ID),
the "on-line manager" could then convert the log to ADIF (if
necessary), sign the ADIF and upload it to LotW.

Although I do not have the time & resources to act as a traditional
QSL manager, I would certainly be willing to act as an on-line QSL
manager if such were possible.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK