[CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) frugoli at worldlinkisp.com
Fri May 21 12:53:09 EDT 2004

Darryl Wagoner - WA1GON wrote:
> Wonder no more!  First with banks you have already proven who you are
> when you opening the account most likely in person.

In person at my LOCAL BRANCH.  That seems to be the catch here, folks not wanting to deal with sending "sensitive documents" through the mail.  Don't get me wrong, I like and use LOTW, but maybe part of the ARRL field orginization could be a LOTW checker who would verify identity at local events (hamfests, club meetings, section conventions).  Something similar could be done with other national radio orginizations in foreign countries so that "sensitive documents" never have to be sent through the mail.

Just my .02.

73 de Al, KE1FO