[CQ-Contest] WWYC Meeting - Croatia 2004

Hrvoje Horvat hrle at ipazin.net
Fri May 21 15:15:27 EDT 2004

Hello dear contest friends,

as many of you heard, been watching or even participating WWYC Club
activities during the last 5 years (yes, we are celebrating 5 years
already); one of our future projects that we're working on for several
months now is WWYC Meeting which will happen in Croatia for excatly 2 months
starting today. On 21st July 2004 we plan to gather as many young contesters
as possible in one place for 5 days meeting each other, exchanging
expiriences, having presentations, crazy games, doing some contesting and
having a lot of fun.

At the moment we're working with about 40 youngsters from about 15 countries
that have a plan to show up here. These are mainly really active guys whose
scores you can read weekly on 3830. Since for many other youngsters that are
interested to come as well the main problem is the money issue we're trying
to get some sources for such. A help from you guys would be more then
welcome but not only in supporting us this way but also visting us and
having a presentations and/or exchange informations with young hams.

For many of this active youngsters this will be first international meeting
but also this is probably something like first type of this kind of an
international meeting totaly devoted to young blood of our community.

More informations about the meeting you can find on our webpages:
http://www.wwyc.net/meeting2004/

We'll make it great, and you can make it better!

For any possible ideas/help please dont hesitate to send me an email!

The supportive emails are more then welcome, we want to see you care about
future!
Spam us and young contesters will spam you with QSOs!

Lots of 73s,

Hrle - 9A6XX, NY6W
WWYC #3

p.s. we have a big lack of US young dudes which showed themselves in great
way on recent Dayton Hamvention. For them it's far way to reach Europe, so
maybe some contest clubs would like to help some of their young contesters
to show up here!