[CQ-Contest] K2/100 vs. MP

Bill k6km at cncnet.com
Wed May 26 19:58:08 EDT 2004

John,

Some points may be valid but some generalizations are
quite incorrect. K2s have been used to set numerous world
records in major contests; take a look at 6Y*A (team
vertical) results.
In every case the K2 was the primary (and only) rig, and
in no case was s $3000 amplifier (nor any amplifier)
required to use the K2. In setting these records the K2
proved to be both an excellent DXpedition radio and an
excellent contest radio!

The radio might not suit your particular needs but it has
served others in competitive situations quite well.

Bill K6KM