[CQ-Contest] Question for Experienced SO2R Ops

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Mon May 31 11:17:25 EDT 2004

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 05:34:13PM -0400, Pete Smith wrote:
> Under what circumstances do you swap the roles of your two radios -- in

Hal N4GG asked a question much like this a few months ago.

The results are here:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2003-11/msg00143.html

and a related question:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2003-12/msg00494.html

For me the radios are interchangeable.  As a result I have the station
setup with that in mind.

- Radios are equal or the same.
- Amps both put out the same amount of power.
- All the antennas can be switched to either radio.
- Receive antennas can be switched to either radio or both.

I want to make band changing as easy as possilbe - so I will
never find it to hard to do no matter how tired I am.

The above setup gives me the most flexabilty.

I do not favor one radio over the other in my mind either
I just run or S&P as the contest/band conditions require.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr