[CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

Bob, N5RP n5rp at pdq.net
Tue Nov 2 12:04:35 EST 2004

No Ken, I really don't care if someone wants to cheat in a ham radio
contest, and I very much enjoy "those People" - (you know, those Europeans,
those "others") with whom I have come to call real friends as a result of
my many years of radio.

If others cheat in a radio contest, they are not competing against what I
can do from my chair, and they earn no recognition from me, even if they do
win a plaque, certificate, or listing in a rag.

If I know someone is cheating, I'm not a snitch, but I can shun.

I don't want a plaque. I don't want a prize certificate.......... What am I
gonna do with 'em? - Put them on a wall instead of some good art I may have
collected over the years?

I want to have the satisfaction of knowing my equipment has worked well for
what I have invested in the way of time and available resources.

I want to know that anyone with whom I shared operating time at a station
had a good time, and enjoyed the jokes that fly around.

I want to know that I was said hello to with my name being remembered, as
opposed to being in a database.

I want to be able to take a few seconds when contacting those very few
players on my "fun list" with a contact to have some fun, instead of just
passing along an already pre-understood exchange.

I want to know I did as best I can do with what I have erected and assembled.

About the only thing that bugs me in the long run is no propagation on the
bands for which I have antennas to operate.

I can get over everything else, unless maybe discovering there is no beer
at break time.

Bob, N5RP - (Probably enjoying myself way too much!)