[CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 20:07:14 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/2/2004 6:52:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kc1f at adelphia.net writes:

> No Ken, I really don't care if someone wants to cheat in a ham radio
> contest,

You'd care if you busted your butt assembling your station, and competing
and operating ethically, finished #2 in a major category, and #1 was
cheating.  Tell me I'm wrong...

Stu        KC1F

I know what you mean!
I still remember how IG9/IV3TAN cheated his way to world record on 160 with 3
phase power service to run "legal 300W" from FL2100 (and ?) and be 30 dB
louder than anything from EU/AF with single vertical.
Every time I look at the records I see myself being beaten by motorcycle in a
bicycle race.
But I had fun lugging the stuff to VE1ZZ place and enjoyed listening to that
thundering signal at 2 pm on an empty band.
Some care, some don't. But they should have separate category where they can
bragg who cheated most. Anyone for trophy?

Yuri, da BUm