[CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

Kevin J. Rowett krowett at rowett.org
Wed Nov 3 18:51:31 EST 2004

Use of clusters is in the rules, as a separate category, for
those contests that allow spotting.

Those that allow spotting also state no self spotting.

K1TTT is simplying pointing out suspicous data that indicates
some contest participants are really spotting themselves, in
violation of the contest rules.

You can argue for rule changes.  However, it's a completely different
issue than violating rules that exist.

Contests have rules to create (social) order, a sense of fairness, and establish
a framework to decide who won.

This debate will be much more useful if we separate the issue of are people
violating the rules, based on the data presented; and the issue of should the
rules be changed.

73, de -KR- N6RCE
n6rce at arrl.net