[CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Sat Nov 6 14:05:57 EST 2004

K0HB added:

> > i'm just come back home from Cape Verde and
> > i'm very surprised to see that there are some "comments"
> > about my operations and about who spotted me
> > on the cluster network.
>
>It's a sad commentary that circumstances force you to defend your
>reputation against thinly-investigated public innuendo.
>
>Recklessly splashing the reflectors with "I wonder about this guy"
>jeremiads is so much easier than ferreting out the facts before you stain
>some ones good name.

Turns out somebody at D44TD _did_ spot D44TD & the operator confirmed
it happened.

What appeared to be self-spotting turned out to be an in-house cheerleader
instead - something folks in a similar situation to IV3TAN had better consider
in future.

I look forward to seeing a post from K0HB countering a potential dodgy
spotter from one of K1TTT's reports - something with substance - instead of
reckless splashes.

73, VR2BrettGraham