[CQ-Contest] Packet absurdity

Ted KT1V kt1vbulk at demop.com
Wed Nov 10 08:44:08 EST 2004

John,

Just one quick comment as an information security professional:

It is simply entirely impossible to authenticate packet users in any
practical way. I can't think of any scheme that would be practical. Are we
going to issue all packet users smartcards and make them buy smartcard
readers? Some authentication based on callsign/address in the FCC
database/postcard with password like LoTW??

73
Ted KT1V & security dude