[CQ-Contest] memory keyers

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Thu Nov 11 07:19:19 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/11/04 6:13:22 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
aa4lr at mac.com writes:

Sure was  interesting watching KA6SAR run ~ 200 / hr on 10m Sunday while
using my  voice to CQ....
I have never been a fan of different voices for the CQ machine and the  op.
As I S/P around, I occasionally hear that scenario.  I don't  think it
optimizes numbers of QSO's.  Generally, it leads to too many  pauses as the operator
digests what is going on....especially in crowded band  conditions.  Pauses
lead to lower rates.

In the few M/S from my place we have always used the voice of the op  whose
butt is in the chair.  The way I have my DVK rigged up, it is  possible to
program it while actually transmitting the new programming taking  place.

Bill K4XS