[CQ-Contest] SPOTTING/ Cheerleading

KI9A at aol.com KI9A at aol.com
Thu Nov 11 17:41:17 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/11/04 4:31:36 PM Central Standard Time,
tom at houserennerconst.com writes:

> If there's going to be competition, there will be cheerleading

Correct!

I do "cheerlead" my pals in the contest club, no doubt. But, I also
"cheerlead" op's in different clubs, that I know are FB ops, & deserve a cheer (spot)
now & then...just as fans for the home team, will applude the extreme efforts
of the other team (well, at least here in St.Louis they do!)

Guys, face it, you can't control this. there is NO way for sponsers to put in
"ethics", because what is ethical to me, might not be ethical to you.

Again, I say eliminate the assisted class, let everyone run on the same
field. If you don't have access to packet, too bad. Just the same as some hams
don't have access to tall towers & high power.

73-Chuck KI9A