[CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders-enforement

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Fri Nov 12 08:20:49 EST 2004

OK, so let's just throw out all the contest rules, since there are ways to cheat every one of them.

Now, seriously:

I'm sorry, but I cannot believe that we cannot define proper contest behavior in the rules, enforceable or not, just because some people without ethics and personal honor, might choose to do otherwise.

As an example: "Ok, so, I make one, than sign on the telnet cluster with a phoney call...."

Signing onto a cluster with a phoney call to get around a rule is cheating.  How can there be a debate of that?

I hate to say it, and it deeply distresses me to say so, but this is beginning to sound like we need may to define what "is" is, related to "is cheating".

N5NJ